We have received a few enquiries regarding showing of films, YouTube clips, certain songs not in the CCLI system.
- iTunes – Permission is granted to use media downloaded form iTunes from personal accounts in Church, both music and videos.
- The Great Commission – Permission is granted for Churches and groups to use the videos on the website https://greatcommission.co.uk/
- Hillsong – All Hillsong resource is created with the express purpose of enhancing worship. Therefore, as long as you are not reproducing or broadcasting the resource or charging admission, you can use any Hillsong resource before, during and after your worship service. This includes all CD’s, Split Tracks, DVDs and YouTube clips.
- VEVO – Permission is granted to stream media only, they cannot be edited or monitized. http://vevo.com
- We Are Worship – Permission is granted to stream videos for use in services, as long as they are reported under the CCLI licence. However, permisison is not granted to copy, embed or store them in any way. We Are Worship Video’s
- Bible Society – Permission is granted to download or show videos from either the Bible Society website or its youtube material, the website videos are downloadable.
- IONA Community – A question was raised that these songs are not covered by the CCLI, these are now covered by CCLI, information below, as there are some exceptions, e.g. electronic use:
I have emailed for such permission of electronic use, e.g. projection,
- CCLI – YouTube clips are not allowed to be shown, unless the copyright holders permission is obtained.
- YouTube – having contacted YouTube directly: the copyright holders permission is required for video clips to be shown.
- Godtube – Godtube clips are also not allowed to be shown.
Other Items of note.
- Taize – the organisation has been emailed to ask for obtain permission to use Taize songs/materials for use in Church, Circuit (& Godpod) permission for Taize songs usage has been saught- we are awaiting a repsonse.
if hosting a Taize Service please refrain from using ‘Taize Themed’ but simply call it a ‘Taize Service’
- FILMS – CCLI, Advertising of films being shown, the position is that the name of the film cannot be advertised outside of the Church or on soicla media or a website, but it can be on handouts. that are a personal invite. Posters advertising the film can be shown inside Church but must not be visible from the outside.